5 ingredient chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies! (dairy free, gluten free). The perfect cookie for those of you that want to satisfy a sweet tooth, but want something healthy at the same time!
- 2 cups soaked, medjool dates (20–22 dates)
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Salt (for sprinkling)
- In a small bowl, create your flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons ground flax with 5 tablespoons water. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, soak your medjool dates in hot, boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After 15 minutes, add your soaked, pitted, medjool dates, peanut butter, and flax eggs to food processor and blend until fully combined into a dough. See photo above!
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out roughly 30 cookie dough balls onto your cookie sheets.
- Using a fork, gently press down on each cookie, creating a criss cross pattern.
- Move your cookies to the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Careful not to over bake!
- Remove from the oven and allow your cookies to cool. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave (my preferred method).
- Once your cookies have cooled, dip them in the chocolate and sprinkle with salt! Enjoy!
- Be sure to remove all of the medjool date pits before processing!!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long :))
Keywords: dairy free peanut butter cookies; chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies; holiday cookies; dairy free; vegan; gluten free; vegan baking; easy recipe