- 1 ¼ cup grated zucchini - lightly squeezed
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free all purpose baking flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar - can substitute coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup soy milk - unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil - can substitute vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Combine the soy milk and vinegar in a small glass and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Grate the zucchini and lightly squeeze out the excess water with a paper towel or clean tea towel and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, applesauce, melted coconut oil, vanilla and the soy milk mixture.
- Add in the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold the wet and dry ingredients together until a batter forms.
- Add in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips and fold to combine.
- Transfer batter to a lined 9×5 or 8 1⁄2 x 4 1⁄2 loaf pan and smooth out the top. Top with a few additional chocolate chips, as desired.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then lower the temperature and bake an additional 52-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then lift out and let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Soy milk works best because the high protein content keeps the loaf fluffy, but any kind of non-dairy milk will work.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.