Easy vegan banana bread made in one bowl with key ingredients: coconut, coconut oil, chocolate chips and flax eggs! Perfectly sweet and slightly coconutty!
- 3 large bananas (roughly 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed plus 5 tablespoons water)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, make your flax eggs and set aside.
- Mash 3 large bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add in 1 1/2 tsp baking soda and allow to activate until mashed banans are light and fluffy (about 10 minutes).
- Next, add in maple syrup, melted coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Next, add in spices, flour and shredded coconut. Fold in gently to combine (do not overmix!)
- Finally, Gently fold in chocolate chips and flax eggs to combine (the flax eggs should be gelatinous and egg like in texture).
- Pour mixture into 9″x5″ loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- I do not recommend refrigerating this bread! It makes it very dense!
Keywords: banana bread; vegan banana bread; easy vegan baking; healthy banana bread; chocolate coconut banana bread