Extra fudgy and extra peanut buttery, these vegan rice krispie treats are honestly the best. They have a perfect crunch and a very generous peanut butter layer on top. Basically as indulgent as it gets. Plus, these bars are only 5 ingredients and are free of the traditional marshmallows and butter. A little healthier but no less delicious.
My Vision for This Recipe
When I first thought about creating this recipe, I thought about making them chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats with nice swirls. Then I thought that might be too much. Too rich, too sweet and for some reason I really associate the chocolate peanut butter combo with fall.
I also considered making a really crazy delicious whipped aquafaba to imitate the fluffiness of marshmallow but then I thought…why make this so complicated? As fun as whipping aquafaba is for me, I wanted this recipe to be super, super easy and require no fancy appliances.
Sometimes life needs quick, easy, indulgent peanut butter rice krispie treats. And sometimes that craving strikes when it’s just too hot to turn on the oven.
Now, some of you are probably mad at me right now for not going the chocolate peanut butter route (sorry) but once you realize how simple and good these are, you will forgive me. And I’ll make it up to you with a chocolate peanut butter something this fall.
To a bowl, add the maple syrup, peanut butter and a pinch of salt if your peanut butter is unsalted. Stir to combine.
Then add in the rice krispies and stir again until the rice krispies are well coated and stick well together. It might seem like it’s not enough peanut butter mixture but it is! Promise! And once you press it down into the 8×8 baking dish it will stick together even better.
Finally, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill and firm up.
Once chilled, make the top peanut butter layer by mixing together powdered peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and another pinch of salt if your peanut butter is unsalted.
Powdered peanut butter is key here.
Pour the mixture over the rice krispie bars and return to the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until the top layer is hard to the touch! The magic of coconut oil.
Finally, slice the rice krispies into bars and dig in! Store leftovers in the fridge.
More Vegan Dessert Ideas
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Flourless Brownie Bars (no bake)
- Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookie
- Vanilla Cake in a Mug
I hope you guys love these peanut butter rice krispie treats. They’re such a good, easy treat and perfect for hot, summer nights.
If you give these a try or have any questions, please leave me a comment down below. I respond to each and every comment and love seeing your recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and leave a review in the comment section! I always appreciate your feedback and I know other readers do, too!
Please also stay in touch with me on Pinterest or follow me on Instagram! Sign up for my email list as well to get vegan recipes and cooking tips sent straight to your inbox.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats (no-bake)
Rice Krispie Bars
- 3 cups rice Krispies cereal unsweetened or lightly sweetened
- 1 cup natural peanut butter the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Pinch of salt if your peanut butter is unsalted optional
- To make the rice krispie bars, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and a pinch of salt, if needed.
- Next, using a spatula mix in 3 cups of unsweetened rice krispies cereal until fully combined and coated so they will stick together.
- Press your rice krispie bars into a parchment lined 8x8 baking sheet until completely flat. Don't be afraid to push down. You want it to be tightly packed so they stick well together.
- Move bars to the fridge and allow them to set for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, whisk together the powdered peanut butter, maple syrup and melted coconut oil until completely smooth.
- Pour over the chilled bars and return to the fridge for another 30 minutes, or until completely hardened.
- Lastly slice into 9 bars. Optional: sprinkle with a touch of salt.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If you cannot find the specific Rice Krispies brand cereal, any plain brown rice cereal should work.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.