Super easy weeknight recipe that’s quick, easy, packed with flavor and full of plant-based goodness. Comes together in just over 30 minutes. Perfect recipe for that last can of pumpkin puree!
TEMPEH MUSHROOM MEATBALL INGREDIENTS
- 8 oz plain tempeh
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp oil (I used avocado)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
PUMPKIN CURRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 2 shallots
- 1 1/2 tsp miso paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp oil (I used avocado)
Serve with lentils or rice, sautéed kale, cilantro and pomegranate arils.
TEMPEH MUSHROOM MEATBALL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roughly chop the tempeh, mushrooms, onion and garlic and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Once soft and translucent, add tempeh, mushrooms, onion and garlic to a food processor along with the rest of the meatbalI ingredients and process until well combined. See photos if necessary.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out about 3 tbsp of the meatball mixture and form your meatballs (roughly 18-22 meatballs).
- Bake in the oven on a silicone baking mat for 25 minutes flipping half way through. Bake for an additional 10 minutes for firmer meatballs. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before adding them in to your curry sauce.
CURRY SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Dice the shallot and add into same skillet we used to sauté mushrooms, tempeh, onion and garlic for the meatballs. Sauté the shallots in one tablespoon oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add in the rest of the curry ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut milk, spices, tomato paste, and miso paste).
- Allow curry sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- If you plan on making this for meal prep, I recommend storing the curry and meatballs separately. These meatballs are much softer than traditional (more like a falafel) and will not hold their shape if stored in curry.
Keywords: vegan recipes; pumpkin curry; easy vegan dinners; meal prep friendly; vegan curry