Hi, my name is Nicolette!
I’m the person behind all of the recipes, photography, writing on Home-Cooked Roots.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my husband and our mini Goldendoodle, Maui (follow on Instagram for lots of Maui and behind the scenes)! When I’m not here blogging about vegan cooking, you can find me somewhere watching Gilmore Girls, drinking a matcha latte or listening to personal development podcasts.
Who this blog is for
- You’re new to vegan cooking and are completely overwhelmed.
- If you want to eat more vegan meals but are worried it will be too time consuming and expensive.
- If you hate having to run to the grocery store multiple times a week for ingredients you know you’ll never use again.
- If you find yourself ordering takeout multiple times a week because you’re burnt out and too exhausted to cook.
Before I created this blog I was working full time, was newly married, learning how to manage a household, trying to maintain friendships, and also trying to have enough energy at the end of the night to prepare and eat healthy homemade meals.
And when things got really busy, there was always one thing that took a back burner first: cooking meals at home.
Not only is eating out multiple times a week much less healthy, it’s also incredibly expensive. In order to prevent myself from falling back into old habits, I knew I had to find recipes and meal plans that would realistically fit into my busy life.
Although there were already tons of vegan recipes online at the time, I constantly found myself adjusting them to be less complicated, fewer ingredients, and cheaper when possible.
Behold, the beginning of my own vegan recipe website.
Almost all of the recipes I’m sharing with you on this blog have:
- 10 ingredients or less
- 20 minutes or less of prep time
- Include shortcut options
- A make ahead or freezer meal option
I’m also constantly adding new recipes and resources to make vegan cooking at home simple and easy!
Follow along on my email list where I’ll share even more of my tips and tricks to eating healthy meals at home.