Hi, my name is Nicolette!
I’m the human behind all of the plant-based recipes over here on homecookedroots.com.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my husband and our mini Goldendoodle, Maui (follow on Instagram for lots of Maui and behind the scenes)! When I’m not here blogging about recipes and saving money at the grocery store, you can find me somewhere watching Gilmore Girls, drinking a matcha latte or listening to True Crime podcasts.
I also spend a lot of time doing freelance work helping people grow their own brands and vision through SEO copywriting.
Who this blog is for
- You’re new to cooking and are completely overwhelmed.
- If you want to eat more meals focused around healthier whole foods but are worried it will be too time consuming and expensive.
- You hate having to run to the grocery store multiple times a week for ingredients you know you’ll never use again.
- If you find yourself ordering takeout multiple times a week because you’re burnt out and too exhausted to cook.
Before I created this blog I was working full time, was newly married, learning how to manage a household, trying to maintain friendships, and also trying to have enough energy at the end of the night to prepare and eat healthy homemade meals.
And when things got really busy, there was always one thing that took a back burner first: cooking meals at home.
Not only is eating out multiple times a week much less healthy, it’s also incredibly expensive. In order to prevent myself from falling back into old habits, I knew I had to find recipes and meal plans that would realistically fit into my busy life.
Although there were already tons of recipes online at the time, I constantly found myself adjusting them to be less complicated, fewer ingredients, and cheaper when possible.
Behold, the beginning of my own recipe and budgeting website.
Almost all of the recipes I’m sharing with you on this blog have:
- 10 ingredients or less
- 20 minutes or less of prep time
- Include shortcut options
- A make ahead or freezer meal option
I’m also constantly adding new recipes and resources to make cooking at home simple and easy!
Follow along on my email list where I’ll share even more of my tips and tricks to eating healthy meals at home.