- 3 cups cooked rice - white or brown
- 1 onion - yellow or white
- 1 teaspoon garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger - freshly grated
- 3 cups frozen vegetable medley
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar - or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ block extra firm tofu
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Remove the tofu from the package and drain out any excess liquid. Take half the block and cut into cubes
- Add to a pan with the oil. Mash the tofu until it has a scrambled egg consistency.
- Add the turmeric, salt and garlic powder and stir together over low heat. Let cook for about 5 minutes to blend all of the flavors.
- Finely dice the onion and add to a pot with the oil. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until it softens slightly.
- Add in the minced garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the frozen vegetable medley and let cook until defrosted.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and sesame oil.
- Add the sauce and rice to the pot of veggies and mix well to combine.
- Carefully fold in the tofu and let simmer to lightly fry and absorb all of the flavors for about 5 minutes. Top with chopped green onion and enjoy!
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.