Skip the oven this morning and try these frozen Air Fryer Hash Browns! They’re perfectly crispy on the outside, yet soft and tender on the inside. Season your hash brown patties with salt and pepper and serve this easy breakfast favorite in just over 10 minutes.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick breakfast option. These air fryer hash browns are ready with just twelve minutes of cooking! With such a short cook time, you can get them started and let the air fryer do its thing while you whip up some Silken Tofu Scrambled Eggs and cut up some fresh fruit.
- Perfect for beginners. You do not have to be a seasoned home cook to rock these crispy hash browns your first time. With simple ingredients, simple steps, and an easy cooking process, you’ll have perfectly crispy hash browns every single time!
- Always on hand. Frozen foods are a great option to keep on hand because they’ll keep for months and are budget-friendly. Grab some frozen patties the next time you’re at the grocery store and you’ll be able to quickly whip these up. Ideal for cravings or when you need a quick and easy breakfast on your way out the door!
- Perfectly crispy. There are a lot of different ways to cook frozen hash browns. The air fryer is hands down the best way to get the perfect combination of fluffy potato shreds inside and a crispy, golden brown outside.
All you need to make this simple recipe is your favorite frozen hash brown patties and an air fryer! You don’t even need a little oil spray because the hash browns themselves have enough oil.
How to Make Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Place patties in air fryer. Put the frozen hash browns in a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. Make sure to leave a little space between each one for optimal crispiness.
- Cook the hash browns. Air fry at 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. Take the basket out and flip the patties over in the air fryer tray. Cook at the same temperature for another 3 minutes or until they get to your desired crispiness.
These air fryer hash browns make a great breakfast side dish, afternoon snack or even a dinner side. Here are a few of my favorite ways to serve them:
- Seasonings: Add flaky salt, black pepper, garlic powder, or onion powder.
- Dips: Try dipping your hash browns in ketchup, hot sauce, Cashew Sour Cream, Avocado Crema (vegan), or Vegan BBQ Sauce!
- Breakfast ideas: These would be great with some of my Just Egg recipes, Sheet Pan Pancakes from Mix, and Smoky Tempeh Bacon Strips.
- Dinner ideas: Serve with Air Fryer Green Beans, Classic Beyond Meat Meatloaf, or Vegan Lentil Meatloaf with Oats!
Leftover cooked hash brown patties will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store any leftovers in an airtight container once cooled to room temperature.
These hash brown patties can also be refrozen, if needed. To do so, lay the hash browns in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze. Once they are completely frozen, you can store them in freezer bags for up to 3 months.
Reheat frozen or refrigerated hash browns in the air fryer until warm and crispy again!
How long does it take hash browns in an air fryer?
If you are using frozen hash brown patties, you can cook them for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F, flipping them a little after the halfway point. This may vary based on your air fryer, so check a couple of minutes early for doneness.
Can I put frozen hash browns in an air fryer?
Most definitely! This is an easy way to cook them with the best results! The hot air of the air fryer is able to cook them without any added oil, making them a little bit better for you as well!
What is the best way to cook frozen hash browns?
Frozen hash browns generally have oven, microwave, and sometimes toaster instructions on the side of the box. My recommendation is to cook them in the air fryer! Microwaving typically makes them soggy and the oven makes them less crispy as well. But in the air fryer, they cook quickly and leave you with a perfectly crunchy outside with a warm, soft center.
Tips for Success
- Ditch the cooking spray. The hash browns are oily enough that they do not stick.
- Cook from frozen. This recipe’s cooking time is based on frozen patties. You do not need to defrost them or leave them at room temperature before cooking. Just pop them in right from the freezer and air fry!
- Adjust time if preheating. I did not preheat my air fryer. If you choose to, you may need to adjust the cooking time. I’d start with 1 to 2 minutes less.
- Check a couple of minutes early. Your cooking time may vary based on the size of your air fryer. Check a couple of minutes early to be sure you don’t overcook your hash browns. I like them a nice golden brown. Crispiness can also be a personal preference, so watch to be sure you get the crispy edges at exactly the doneness that you want!
- Choose your brand carefully. I use Trader Joe’s Frozen Hash Browns, but if you shop at other grocery stores, there are many very similar brands of hash brown patties out there. Some do contain milk ingredients, so read carefully!
More Air Fryer Recipes You May Like
If you are like me and have fallen in love with air frying, I have more great recipes for you!
Frozen Air Fryer Hash Browns Recipe
What You’ll Need
- Air Fryer
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- Place frozen hash brown patties in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. Remove the basket, flip the patties, and air fry again at 400 degrees F for another 3 minutes, or until they reach your desired crispiness.
- Serve while hot as desired.
- You do not need to spray the basket. They are oily enough to not stick.
- Do not defrost the hash brown patties before air frying.
- I did not preheat my air fryer because I did not feel it needed it. If you choose to preheat, the cook time may need to be adjusted.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.
Photography by: Your Home Made Healthy
Add a Comment