What You’ll Need
- 24 ounces tempeh - grated (3 bricks)
- 5 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 red onion - minced
- 1 jalapeño - minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce - can substitute tamari
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt - adjust to taste
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- fresh limes
- fresh cilantro
- Add all the “chicken” ingredients to your slow cooker and mix together. Slow cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Once done, stir together to ensure everything is even.
- An hour before serving, prepare your coleslaw. In a large bowl, mix together the vegan mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, apple cider vinegar, agave, grated ginger, and chopped cilantro. Then add the coleslaw mix and toss until evenly combined. Set in the fridge to chill.
- Serve the tempeh and coleslaw on warmed corn tortillas. Top with fresh lime juice and cilantro, and enjoy!
Meal Prep Instructions
- Place all of the taco ingredients in a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Seal tightly removing as much excess air as possible. Refrigerate for up to 48 hours (or place directly in freezer).
- When ready to cook, dump contents of bag into crockpot and cook as usual. Serve on warmed corn tortillas with fresh coleslaw.
- Place all of the taco ingredients in a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Seal tightly removing as much excess air as possible. Place in freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, dump contents of bag into crockpot, frozen, and cook as usual. Serve on warmed corn tortillas with fresh coleslaw.
- The nutritional estimate is a very rough estimate. If you track macros or count calories, adjust based on your ingredients and personal serving size with a fitness tracker such as Cronometer or MyFitnessPal.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.