Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup
What You’ll Need
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white cannellini beans - rinsed and drains (4.5-5 cups beans)
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 large carrots - chopped
- 3 ribs celery - chopped
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups kale - chopped with stems removed
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh parsley - for topping
- vegan parmesan - for topping
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Slow cook on high for 4 hours or low 6 to 8 hours. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve soup hot topped with fresh parsley, vegan parmesan cheese, and side of crusty bread, or as desired.
- Freeze before cooking: Place all ingredients except the white wine and broth in a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, dump in crockpot, add liquids, and cook as usual. Freeze after cooking: Allow the soup to cool completely. Freeze in individual serving sizes or in mason jars. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator or reheat from frozen in the microwave or on the stovetop until warmed through again.
- This soup is freezer friendly!
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.