Veggie-Packed Spaghetti Sauce Recipe (No Meat!)
What You’ll Need
- Large pot
- High-speed blender
- 6 qt. slow cooker
- 2 cups sweet potatoes - peeled and chopped
- 2 cups carrots - peeled and chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups red bell pepper - chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- ½ yellow onion - diced
- 4 large cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium vegetable bouillon base
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Make the vegetable puree. Add the chopped sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and red bell pepper to a large pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the vegetables are fork tender, about 10-15 minutes. Once tender, drain the vegetables and transfer to a high-speed blender. Add the olive oil and milk and blend until smooth.
- Put all ingredients in a slow cooker bowl. Stir to combine and cook on low for 8 hours. The color should go from orange to a deep red during the cooking process.
- Serve or store. Enjoy immediately over pasta or allow to cool and store in mason jars in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. This recipe makes 5 (24 ounce) jars of sauce.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.