- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the vegan butter or coconut oil in a medium sized mixing bowl in the microwave.
- Once melted, add in the almond flour, tapioca starch, maple syrup and sea salt. Mix well to combine, until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to the parchment lined baking pan and press into the pan until even.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all of the filling ingredients into a high-speed blender canister and blend until completely smooth.
- Taste the filling and adjust flavors as desired.
- When the crust is done, allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then pour the filling on top and spread smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake the lemon bars for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for 20 minutes. Finally place in the fridge to cool for 3-4 hours, or overnight to set before slicing.
- Only use freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pre-bottled will not taste good.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.