What You’ll Need
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- Using a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Add it to the Instant Pot.
- Cover rice with 2 ½ cups of fresh filtered water.
- Add the lid and place the valve in the “sealing” position. Turn OFF the "keep warm" setting (this will prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot). Pressure cook on manually high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, before switching the valve to the “venting” position and releasing any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve while hot as desired, or allow to cool completely and refrigerate or freeze.
- Portion this rice into individual servings or freeze together in a freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator or in the microwave until warm. I typically freeze brown rice in 2 cup servings and reheat in the microwave for 5 minutes, or until fluffy again.
- I always double the recipe and cook 4 cups of rice in 5 cups of water. When you double or trip the recipe, the cook times remain the same.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.