Slow Cooker Vegan Wild Rice Soup Recipe
What You’ll Need
- Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, broth, wild rice, salt, and pepper to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours.
- When done, remove bay leaf and thyme stems.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter. Once melted, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk until no lumps remain. Continue to cook another minute, or until thick and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- The flour mixture might be really thick. This is okay. Once you add it to the soup, it’ll liquify and make the soup nice and creamy. Just use a fork to help it mix into the soup.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.