A super easy and quick vegan peanut noodles dish that doesn’t skimp on the flavor! It’s savory, spicy, and so creamy. Add a squeeze of lime and crushed peanuts – you won’t be sorry! 12 ingredients, 30 minutes, and only one pot – it’s the best homemade takeout.
I can’t believe we’re already in August and the year is more than half over. As long as this year has felt, it’s also felt beyond short as well.
Time is a very weird thing.
One thing that’s remained constant this year is quick, easy dinners! With so many people cooking regularly at home now, we could all use some more recipes that take practically no effort. Especially on a Monday. And bonus if they remind us of dining out!
This 30 Minute Vegan Peanut Noodles dish is the definition of an easy, lazy, weeknight dinner. It’s also incredibly customizable – use whatever vegetables you have on hand and customize the spice level to your liking.
For this recipe I used carrot ribbons, frozen kale and, red bell pepper. I prefer the frozen kale here because it cooks down faster than fresh. I also prefer to cut the carrots into ribbons to again, assist in the cooking process. Plus, the carrot ribbons blend in so nicely with the rice noodles!
Again, use what you have, but whatever vegetables you go with, make sure to cut them thin enough so that they cook quickly and evenly.
I think broccoli or green beans would be delicious here!
Preparing the Rice Noodles
There are two general ways to prepare your rice noodles. Each brand will have varying instructions for how to prepare but there are two main ways to prepare them.
- Soak the rice noodles for about 25-30 minutes in lukewarm water until soft.
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until cooked and then drain and rinse with cool water (very similar to cooking regular pasta!).
If you soak your noodles, just be sure you don’t forget about them and don’t soak them too long.
I prefer to cook them like pasta on the stovetop because it’s quicker and I am far less likely to get distracted and cook them too long!
For the most part, I’d say most peanut sauce recipes you’ll find in restaurants will be naturally vegan or can be easily made vegan. Some may include sauces that contain fish, so it is always good to ask, but most of the time, it’s generally a safe choice!
Making your own at home is very easy – just whisk together the few key ingredients until smooth and boom. Done.
There is only one important thing to note in making a good peanut sauce – you must use natural peanut butter.
Peanut butters with additives of any kind like sugars or preservatives are not going to work. Using peanut butters like Skippy Peanut Butter Spreads and powdered peanut butters like PBFit will have a very different result and will not be pleasant!
Save the powdered protein powder for these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats (no bake)! Please trust me on this one!
The peanut butter you need to use should only have 2 ingredients – peanuts and salt. Ideally, your peanut butter will be pretty runny as well. The runnier the peanut butter, the creamier the sauce will be. And who doesn’t enjoy a creamy sauce?
Once you have your peanut sauce and rice noodles prepared, the dish comes together in a matter of minutes.
Pour the cooked rice noodles over the vegetables sautéing in your pot and then pour in the peanut sauce. Toss together with tongs until nicely incorporated.
Serve with a lime wedge and crushed peanuts. Seriously good!
I can’t wait for you guys to give this one a try. It’s delicious, easy, and most importantly – quick! Monday night just got a whole lot better!
More 30 Minute Vegan Recipes to Try
- 30 Minute Lemongrass and Coconut Yellow Curry
- Garlic Butter Pasta with Whipped Tofu Ricotta
- 30 Minute Vegan Fajitas
- 30 Minute Crispy Peanut Tofu
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and leave a review in the comment section! I always appreciate your feedback and I know other readers do, too!
Please also stay in touch with me on Pinterest or follow me on Instagram! Sign up for my email list as well to get vegan recipes and cooking tips sent straight to your inbox.
30 Minute Vegan Peanut Noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package of rice noodles
- 2 cups kale frozen
- 2 cups carrot ribbons about 3 medium sized carrots
- 1 bell pepper finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon oil for sautéing (can substitute water)
- peanuts crushed
- lime wedges
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
- While the noodles cook, prepare the vegetables and peanut sauce. Using a vegetable peeler, peel your carrots into carrot ribbons and finely slice your bell pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare peanut sauce by whisking together all ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- In the same pot used to boil your rice noodles, sauté the carrot and bell pepper in 1 teaspoon of oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the frozen kale and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the rice noodles and pour peanut sauce over top.
- Using tongs, toss the noodles and the vegetables in the peanut sauce until well incorporated and warmed through. If the noodles are stuck together, gently and carefully pull apart with your fingers.
- Serve immediately with lime wedge and crushed peanuts.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- I generally boil my rice noodles like pasta as opposed to soaking because it is often faster.
- Can substitute in any vegetables you have but cut them in small uniform pieces so they cook quickly.
- You must use all natural peanut butter. The only ingredients in the peanut butter should be peanuts and salt.
- Adjust the gochujang paste amount based on your spice preference.
- If you are gluten free, double check that your Hoisin sauce does not contain wheat. I use a gluten free version by the brand Coconut Secrets but I unfortunately could not find an online link.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.