These perfectly fluffy Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls are about to become a new family favorite! It is an easy recipe with a short cooking time that delivers amazing results. Read on and this may very well become one of your favorite ways to make cinnamon rolls!
I don’t know about you, but cinnamon rolls are a wonderful memory from my childhood! I still absolutely love making them homemade, but finding the time to pull out my mixing bowl, make homemade cinnamon roll dough and wait to proof the dough twice isn’t always realistic.
Make this the last year that you have to skip out on making the cinnamon rolls due to lack of time. These Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls are the best, convenient way to enjoy some warm ooey gooey cinnamon rolls in less than 20 minutes!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Much quicker than the oven. While homemade cinnamon rolls are hard to beat, they take such a long time to make! These delicious cinnamon rolls are the easiest way to get a sweet treat in a short amount of time. “Bake” these in the air fryer in a fraction of the time.
- Breakfast in a pinch. Because of the short cook time, this is an easy breakfast with which to surprise your family! Even realistic to make in the morning before school on birthdays, holidays like Valentine’s day or Halloween, and more.
- Simple ingredients. All you need is a tube of cinnamon rolls from the local grocery store and some cooking spray!
Are Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls Vegan?
Homemade cinnamon rolls have been around since the 17th century, but in 1956, Pillsbury brought us an easy way to enjoy these sweet rolls with their canned cinnamon rolls. Unfortunately, the Pillsbury brand Cinnamon Rolls are not vegan because they contain dairy. There are, however, several different brands that are! The cook time should be about the same regardless of which brand you use. The following store-bought cinnamon rolls are vegan and organic, too:
- Annie’s Homegrown Organic Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- Immaculate Organic Cinnamon Rolls
- Trader Joe’s Organic Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Icing
No matter which brand you choose, you can put this pre-made dough into your air fryer and it’s seriously a game changer. Satisfy your sweet tooth today with some light and fluffy air fryer cinnamon rolls. They truly are the best air fryer cinnamon rolls!
How to Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Prep the air fryer: Spray the air fryer basket or tray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open the cinnamon rolls: Carefully separate each of the cinnamon rolls.
- Place in the air fryer: Lay the cinnamon rolls in a single layer and be sure to leave a little space between each one.
- Cook: Cook the cinnamon rolls at 350 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through in the middle. Times may vary based on your air fryer, so make sure to keep an eye on them for the last couple of minutes.
- Spread the icing on top: Use the included icing and spread it on the top of the rolls while they are still warm.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
If you happen to have any leftover cinnamon rolls, they will keep at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Cover or wrap them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. If you think you’ll need longer than that to enjoy them, stick them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tip! If you plan to refrigerate or freeze your fluffy cinnamon rolls, make sure they are cooled down before putting them in an airtight container and putting them in the fridge or freezer. This will prevent condensation build up and/or freezer burn.
Let’s be honest, these air fry cinnamon rolls are great year round! They make a yummy and quick breakfast or a perfect midnight snack. My personal favorite is to enjoy them during the holiday season (think Christmas morning after unwrapping presents!) or on lazy weekends.
Whenever you have them, I recommend my hot chocolate with cocoa powder or Vegan Chai Latte to go along with them. If you’re looking for savory side dishes to go along with this sweet and delicious treat, try my Smoky Tempeh Bacon Strips or Silken Tofu Scrambled Eggs. You may even enjoy one of these 27 Just Egg Recipes (Sweet + Savory!)!
Tips for Success
There are a lot of different air fryers out there. Whether you have the Cosori Air Fryer, Ninja Air Fryer, or another brand, you may need to adjust the baking time for your particular model. The first time you make them, keep an eye on the rolls during the last couple of minutes and make sure they get to that sweet spot of a nice golden brown with a perfectly cooked center.
I did not preheat my air fryer. If you do, your cook time will be closer to 6-7 minutes.
Try using some different flavors of cinnamon rolls!
- Pumpkin spice: Pumpkin Spice cinnamon rolls would be a wonderful way to bring in the fall season. Either use a can of premade pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls or use the original and mix the icing in a small bowl with ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice before drizzling.
- Adding some chocolate chips: Sprinkle your classic cinnamon rolls with some mini chocolate chips to surprise those taste buds and make this sweet breakfast extra indulgent.
Can cinnamon rolls be cooked in the air fryer?
Yes! And you may not go back to the oven after you try them. Simply cook them at 350° F for 7-9 minutes. Make sure there is some space in between them so the hot air can circulate and reach all of the edges. For best results, watch the rolls for the last few minutes to make sure they cook properly. Depending on your air fryer model, you may need to adjust the time slightly.
Can I put parchment paper in the air fryer?
It is not recommended and not necessary to put parchment paper in the air fryer. Using a high smoke point oil spray is sufficient to keep food from sticking.
What is the best oil to use in the air fryer?
Because of the higher temperature of the air fryer, it is important to choose an oil that can handle high heat. Avocado oil, extra light olive oil, peanut oil, and sesame oil are all great options. As long as it has a high smoke point, it is up to your personal preference.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas You May Like
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
What You’ll Need
- Air Fryer
- 1 tube ready to bake cinnamon rolls
- nonstick cooking spray
- Lightly spray the basket or tray of your air fryer with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pop open the container of cinnamon rolls. Carefully separate each roll from one another. Set aside the icing.
- Place cinnamon rolls in the bottom of your air fryer basket or tray, leaving space around each one.
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden brown on top and cooked through the middle.
- Open the cinnamon roll icing and spread it over top while the cinnamon rolls are still warm.
- Enjoy immediately!
- Depending on the brand of cinnamon rolls you use, your tube may come with more than 5 cinnamon rolls. You will be able to fit 8 in a standard air fryer basket at one time.
- I did not preheat my air fryer. If you do, lower the air fry time by 1-2 minutes.
- There are a lot of different air fryers out there. You may need to adjust the baking time for your particular model. The first time you make them, keep an eye on the rolls during the last couple of minutes and make sure they get to that sweet spot of a nice golden brown with a perfectly cooked center.
General note about salt
Please pay attention to the type of salt called for in the recipe (if applicable). Not all salts are made equal and cannot be substituted 1 for 1. If you are substituting table salt for kosher salt, you will need to cut the amount called for in the recipe by at least half.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.
Photography by: You’re Home Made Healthy