What You’ll Need
Brown Sugar Pecan Topping
- Slice the bread into 1-inch cubes. If the bread feels too soft, bake for 10-15 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit until dry and crusty.
- In the bottom of the slow cooker bowl, whisk together the Just Egg, almond milk, chopped pecans, coconut cream, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice/cinnamon, vanilla extract and kosher salt.
- Slowly add the bread, stirring to soak up the french toast custard as you go. Everything should be well combined and evenly absorbed by the bread. Note: It’s okay if there is a small amount of liquid remaining in the bottom of the slow cooker bowl, but MOST needs to be absorbed by the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate the slow cooker bowl overnight.
- The next morning, top with the pecan sugar crumb topping. In a small bowl, add the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the cubed butter into the flour mixture until a sand-like consistency forms. Fold in the pecans, then sprinkle directly overtop the casserole.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours. Serve immediately with maple syrup and fresh fruit, and a dollop of cocowhip dusted with pumpkin pie spice.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.