This Jackfruit Smoothie is made in 5 minutes with a blend of tropical fruits. It’s thick, creamy, naturally sweet and the best way to use up fresh or canned jackfruit! Enjoy as a healthy breakfast or refreshing afternoon snack.
Why you’ll love this smoothie
- Easy to customize. Use your favorite milk, yogurt, and combination of tropical fruits! I’ll give you measurements to start with, then adjust to your own personal taste and desired thickness.
- Best way to use ripe, canned jackfruit! If you accidentally bought sweet jackfruit instead of young jackfruit, making a smoothie is a delicious way to use it.
- Made without banana. Tons of smoothie recipes use banana to make them thick and creamy. This jackfruit smoothie is made creamy with yogurt instead of banana.
ingredients and substitutions
- jackfruit – It’s important to use sweet, ripened jackfruit in this smoothie. We use canned, ripe jackfruit that’s packed in syrup because it is more available to us than fresh jackfruit. You can use either canned jackfruit in syrup or fresh jackfruit. Avoid using young green jackfruit – this type of jackfruit is used as a popular vegan meat substitute in recipes like Vegan Carnitas and Vegetarian Green Chili Stew.
- mango and pineapple – These tropical fruits compliment the tropical flavors in the ripe jackfruit. You can use another tropical fruit like frozen papaya or frozen passionfruit.
- yogurt – Any kind of yogurt will work in this recipe. I use non-dairy coconut yogurt.
- milk – Again, any kind of milk will work in this recipe. We use homemade cashew milk or coconut milk, but any kind of non-dairy milk will work.
- Use all frozen jackfruit. We like the flavor of the combination of mango, pineapple and jackfruit, but for an extra simple smoothie, try just jackfruit, milk, and yogurt!
- Make a sweeter smoothie: This jackfruit is naturally sweet from the fruit, but if you’d like an even sweeter smoothie, replace 1/4 cup of the milk with the syrup from the canned jackfruit.
- Add turmeric. This smoothie is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Make it an even better immunity booster by adding 1 tablespoon of fresh turmeric or 1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric. Turmeric is an amazing plant-based anti inflammatory superfood.
- Add hemp seeds! Hemp seeds are a great addition to smoothies and smoothie bowls because they are very neutral in taste and an easy way to boost your smoothie’s omegas.
How to Make a Jackfruit Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a blender. We like to pour the liquids into the bottom first, then add the frozen fruit on top. This helps the smoothie blend easier.
- Blend until smooth. If necessary, use the tamper to help push the fruit into the blade to assist.
Jackfruit is a tropical fruit that is thought to have originated from the coast of India. It’s commonly found in Asia, the Caribbean, and some warmer US climates like Florida and Hawaii.
If jackfruit is picked when green and unripened, it has a very neutral taste and is stringy in texture. This young jackfruit is commonly used in savory recipes because it takes on the flavors its paired with, similar to tofu. Ripe, sweet jackfruit on the other hand is bright yellow and tastes like a mixture of fruits – we think it tastes like a mix of pineapple, mango and peaches.
Canned sweet jackfruit is already ripe and ready to eat. If you are using a fresh jackfruit, wait until the jackfruit turns from green to yellow. This can take up to 10 days. The more yellow the jackfruit is, the riper it is – similar to a pineapple! To cut open, watch this great tutorial to help you cut the jackfruit with ease. Fresh jackfruit can be very sticky and has a learning curve for cutting.
- Freeze the jackfruit first. This isn’t necessary, but freezing the jackfruit helps make this jackfruit smoothie extra cold and creamy.
- Avoid using sweetened or flavored plant milks. This smoothie is sweet enough as is. If you use a sweetened milk, it may be too sweet for you. Flavored milks like vanilla almond milk will also change the flavor. Only use if you want your smoothie to taste like vanilla.
More Breakfast Recipes You May Like
Jackfruit Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups frozen ripe jackfruit can use canned ripe jackfruit or fresh jackfruit
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/3 cup non-dairy yogurt
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- This makes 1 large smoothie or 2 smaller servings.
- You can use canned jackfruit in syrup or freshly cut, ripe jackfruit. If using canned, drain the jackfruit from the syrup, then freeze.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.
Did You Love This Recipe?
Rate the recipe here and make sure to leave a comment below!