Make snack time or dessert more fun with these vegan apple nachos. Your favorite apples drizzled with homemade vegan caramel, chocolate sauce and sprinkled with cacao nibs and nuts! Have these ready in 10 minutes or less!
I love eating apples slices plain, but I couldn’t resist creating this recipe with the best toppings! Sometimes we just need something more fun.
Why This Recipe Works
- Caramel and chocolate pair perfectly with apples.
- Homemade vegan caramel and chocolate sauce keeps this recipe healthy and suitable for a snack!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- apples – I used granny smith and fuji apples for a good combination of sweet and sour.
- vegan caramel – My homemade version is WFPB friendly and only takes 10 minutes to make. You could use a store bought vegan caramel sauce as well.
- chocolate sauce – I make chocolate sauce by mixing 2 tablespoons of cacao powder into my vegan caramel. Again, you could use a store bought vegan version for convenience!
- cacao nibs – Similar in taste to chocolate chips. You can also use chocolate chips, if preferred!
- crushed nuts – I find they add the best texture and crunch. Use your favorites.
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice your apples and spread them over a large plate so they’re in a single layer.
If you layer them in multiple layers, make sure to drizzle the toppings in between so each apple gets some!
- Drizzle with the caramel and chocolate sauce. You could also add peanut butter here!
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs or chocolate chips and nuts.
I prefer to make my own because I have difficulty finding caramel, but this Coconut Caramel by Hey Boo is really delicious and convenient. This Vegan Magic Caramel Sauce by Pinch of Yum is another homemade option that doesn’t require a blender!
Not all chocolate chips are vegan, which is why I love using cacao nibs because they are always vegan. A lot of chocolate chips contain dairy milk, but some dark chocolate chip varieties are vegan. Enjoy Life makes vegan, allergen friendly chocolate chips.
Yes! This recipe is very customizable. If you don’t like apples, sliced bananas or strawberries would be great or even pineapple!
- Enjoy these right away. This is not a make ahead or meal prep recipe. The fresher the apples, the better.
- Use a variety of apples for more flavor! A mix of green and red apples is great.
More Vegan Snack Ideas
Vegan Apple Nachos
- 3 apples - sliced
- ¼ cup vegan caramel
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate sauce
- ¼ cup crushed nuts - I used almonds and peanuts
- ⅛ cup cacao nibs - substitute mini chocolate chips
- Thinly slice apples and spread over large plate.
- Drizzle with vegan caramel and chocolate sauce. I find this easiest to do with a squeeze condiment bottle, but you could use a spoon as well!
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs or chocolate chips and crushed nuts.
- Enjoy immediately!
How to Make the Chocolate Sauce
- Whisk together the vegan caramel, cacao powder, and plant-milk until smooth and creamy. Add additional milk, as desired for consistency!
- If you cut the apple slices too thick, they will be difficult to layer nicely!
- This treat is best served fresh! I would not recommend storing this in the refrigerator or meal prepping it.
- This is the squeeze condiment bottle I use to drizzle the caramel and chocolate sauce.
Disclaimer: The Nutritional Information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.